[Framework-Team] PLIP #215: Include new KSS versions

Balazs Ree ree at ree.hu
Sun Jan 20 01:04:05 UTC 2008

Dear Framework Team,

we finished the preparation of the new kss.core version we propose for
Plone 3.1.

However, we needed some time to discuss the implemented code, and in the
case that we had doubt or argument about a particular feature, we decided
to pull them out from the release and retarget them for the next
release, which makes it possible to discuss them properly.

Since we are after the first day of the sprint, I succeeded to build and
test the version that contains our all merged code, but still I have to
pull back the above mentioned functionality. Which means, I will only be
able to submit the review buildout by tomorrow (20th) lunchtime.

I hope that this delay will be accepted.

I also needed to cancel the other topic I promised, the refactoring of
plone.app.kss and archetypes.kss. These are also retargeted for the next
release.

Altogether, we had a lot of discussion that will lead to better, simpler
kss and the current version will be a conservative release to assure the
stability of Plone.

Thanks for your understanding,

--
Balazs Ree