[Framework-Team] Re: Official submission: PLIP 184, 200, 203 and 204

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Tue Jan 15 22:24:54 UTC 2008

Raphael Ritz wrote:
> Martin Aspeli wrote:
>> Ho ho ho,
>>
>> I'd like to officially submit for consideration for Plone 3.1 a bundle
>> that comprises the following PLIPs (in separate packages):
>>
>>  - PLIP 184 - additional portlets (has a dependency on PLIP 200)
>>
>>  - PLIP 200 - Kupu formlib widget
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> just playing with this I noticed the following:
>
> If I install FCKeditor, select this as my personal
> preference (under WYSIWYG editor) and then try
> to create or edit a static portlet I get the attached
> traceback.

That's annoying. :)

> I know it's borderline and I don't know how popular
> FCKeditor is but so far it's been OK to offer and use
> them both on a site.

I agree, but this may just as well be a bug in FCKeditor. Since that's
not part of Plone core, it's a bit hard to account for it (we can't test
every third party product). That said, we do want this release to be
"nice" on third party products, so we should fix it.

Fixing it is likely to be easy, but it's not something I can do until
after the Planning Summit, most likely. Help appreciated of course. I've
never used FCKeditor.

I'd also argue that this shouldn't hold up review or merging since we're
talking about a third party product which in itself needs to do some
"clever" integration to replace Kupu.