[Framework-Team] Official submission: PLIP 202

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sun Jan 6 00:25:36 UTC 2008

Hi team,

In addition to my previous submission, I have created a buildout for
PLIP 202, which implements KSS-based inline editing and validation for
formlib forms and content that is editable with formlib forms.

The buildout is at:

   https://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/review/optilude-plip202

Note - it requires plone.recipe.plone 3.0.5 or later.

Please see REVIEW-NOTES.txt there for instructions.

I have created a test form (@@test_form) and a test view for Document
objects (invoke @@test_view on the front-page object or another
document). You can also see it in action on portlet and content rule
add/edit forms. I didn't have to change these forms for this (apart from
some bugfixes that went into 3.0.5), so it should "just work" on
standard formlib-based content everywhere.

The implementation is mostly in a branch of plone.app.form, though
there's a branch of CMFPlone to set up the required resources and add a
bit of CSS to make the formlib-based inline editing look like its AT
counterpart.

Any questions, just ask!