[Framework-Team] Framework Team membership, release manager, roles and responsibilities

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Wed Feb 27 10:25:15 UTC 2008

> From: Andreas Zeidler <az at zitc.de>
> Date: 26 February 2008 23:46:24 GMT
> To: George Lee <georgeleejr at gmail.com>
> Cc: framework-team at lists.plone.org
> Subject: Re: [Framework-Team] Re: WebDAV changes
>
> On Feb 24, 2008, at 9:51 PM, George Lee wrote:
>
>> P.S. I think that as a matter of process it make sense that a
>> release manager can make / ask for a major revert for time's sake,
>> but that the framework team should then speak up on that because
>> ultimately it's supposed to be their decision and what they're
>> accountable for.
>
> no, not really.  the framework team's job is to review and give
> recommendations to the release manager.  the decision to merge or
> not to merge (or revert for that matter) is made by the release
> manager, though.
>
> cheers,
>

> andi
>
> ps: also see http://plone.org/development/teams/framework/faq

1) <http://plone.org/development/teams/framework/framework-team>
states that

> The Framework team is only responsible to accept/reject PLIPs

-- to me, that sounds like decision making ;)

OK so the preceding paragraphs, and <http://plone.org/development/
teams/framework/faq>, are more explicit, but <http://plone.org/
development/teams/framework/framework-team> in its entirety could be
misinterpreted.

Expression as a generic timeline/process flow <http://dev.plone.org/
plone/ticket/7816#comment:7> should be less likely to misinterpretation.

2) I wondered whether 'release manager' name, role and
responsibilities are mentioned within (or referred from) the list of
Framework Team members, but  <http://plone.org/about/team/
FrameworkTeam> can not be viewed.

Noted at <http://dev.plone.org/plone.org/ticket/752> and at <http://
dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7816#comment:12>.

Regards
Graham