[Framework-Team] Re: Re: WebDAV changes

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Wed Feb 27 05:27:36 UTC 2008

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 12:02:51 -0800, Sidnei da Silva
<sidnei at enfoldsystems.com> wrote:

> If that's deemed important (which it obviously is), a test should
> exist that does make sure this keeps working. Why did the test
> infrastructure not catch it (ie, all the existing tests pass)? Maybe
> there *is* a test, and a browser rendering issue made the text
> invisible instead?

Plone has nowhere near 100% test coverage, and besides — tests will never
be a substitute for testing the code in actual use. :)

I will say, though — it *is* extremely cool that people have started
caring about the test coverage percentage numbers in new modules, and even
found bugs by chasing the holy grail of 100% test coverage in a module.
Test coverage numbers is a classic Google obsession, and I'm happy to see
it make its way into the Plone community. :)

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net