[Framework-Team] Re: WebDAV changes

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Sun Feb 24 17:19:25 UTC 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:

>  I've just reverted the WebDAV changes from Sidnei after playing a bit with
> them.

What?!?

> I did this for two reasons:
>
> Hanno had some very good remarks that need to be addressed

And there's nothing that prevents them from being addressed other than time?

> I tested the 3.1 tree with just Calendaring removed. Some testing there
> quickly revealed that there are other things broken: the default frontpage
> for a Plone site is no longer created properly this made me feel that at
> this moment the implementation of this PLIP is note quite mature enough.

How does that relate to the changes I made? Please provide more details.

>  We
> have too much happening in the 3.1 tree at the moment to work on it there,
> so this should mature a bit more before we merge it again.

I find that completely unfair. You have not provided any clear reason
why it should be reverted. I can't see from your email how the
frontpage is related to WebDAV changes. I am quickly losing any
interest I had in getting those changes merged. At best, you should
have asked *me* to revert the changes.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214