[Framework-Team] The final(?) verdict

Tom Lazar lists at tomster.org
Thu Feb 21 00:57:44 UTC 2008

On Feb 20, 2008, at 9:45 PM, Danny Bloemendaal wrote:

> Hi all, sorry for the late reply, had a busy day.
>
> Anyway, thanks again Raphael for your wrap up.
>
> On 20 feb 2008, at 15:48, Raphael Ritz wrote:
>>

>> Now, a variant that we might want to consider is
>> only to clear (but not to issue the error in) the
>> status message. That would address the specific
>> concern I have about inconsistent feedback and
>> make things jump around a bit less.
>>
>> Still not sure what's the right thing to do here though
>>

> I'd say to just clear the message when it is no longer needed and
> indeed show the message if pressing the save button resulst in an
> error. That means that no message is shown during inline validation.
> If the message is cleared because inline validate caused all the
> error solved then that is ok. It would still be good though to have
> a more smooth disappearance of this. (When do we finally start using
> smooth transitions in plone???)

perhaps as soon as 3.1 ;-)

remember, we will have the full power of jquery at our hands. adding a
smooth transition for disappearing the status message will be trivial,
once florian has merge #212...

good thinking, though. this is really a clear case when animation
really serves a purpose and isn't just eye candy!

hth,

tom