[Framework-Team] The final(?) verdict

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Wed Feb 20 10:10:49 UTC 2008

> Thanks very much for the report Raphael. I'm going to treat this as the
> official recommendatation of the framework team.

Seconded! :)

> Previously Raphael Ritz wrote:
> > PLIP #201: Improve the UberSelectionWidget UI
> > http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/203
> > https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7736
> >
> > Don't know, seems to me this might be deferred to 3.2
> > It does seem to look good already though.
> > At those who looked more closely at it:
> > what do you really recommend by now?
>
> I talked with Florian and Danny yesterday and tried it myself as well:
> at this moment USW is not ready yet so it'll be deferred.

Florian wanted to add a some of the non-JS improvements that we built
in - basically, the ability to include an "initial query" so that
people have somewhere to start browsing for file selection use cases.
That should be pretty unintrusive - I suggest we merge this bit if
Florian can prepare it.

> > PLIP #202: Support inline validation and editing for formlib forms
> > http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/203
> > https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7737
> >
> > +4 - but there is still some debate about what's the
> > best way to handle the portal status message. Once this
> > is sorted out (and implemented) it's ready for merge
>
> I agree with Danny that that must be fixed before merge.

Do we have consensus here? IMHO, the portal message should just not be
shown. It's not shown for AT edit forms as far as I recall. I'm happy
to do whatever, though.

> > PLIP #203: Manage portlet assignments with GenericSetup
> > http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/203
> > https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7738
> >
> > +3 - but before merge the encoding issue should be fixed
> >     (Martin might look at this later today)
>
> Must be fixed - this can break export on sites where export currently
> works.

Yeah, will fix.

> > PLIP #204: Manage content rules using GenericSetup
> > http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/204
> > https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7739
> >
> > +3 - but before merge the encoding issue should be fixed
> >     (Martin might look at this later today)
>
> Must be fixed - this can break export on sites where export currently
> works.

Yep again.

I'm working on mine Monday - possibly a bit before.