[Framework-Team] The final(?) verdict

Raphael Ritz raphael.ritz at incf.org
Wed Feb 20 03:24:26 UTC 2008

Hi Folks,

at Wichert's request and in order to update us all
I've just compiled the following overview. I hope
I didn't forget anything. Feel free to comment on
this as you see fit. I've scanned the tracker and
looked again at some of the PLIP pages but I didn't
dig through the mailing list archive.

Plone 3.1 PLIP status report as of 2008-02-20 (4am CET):

PLIP #187: Working Out-of-the-box WebDAV
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/187
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7732

+3 - ready for merge

PLIP #195: Support product dependencies
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/195
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7733

+4 - ready for merge

PLIP #196: GRUF removal
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/203
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7734

-4 - not submitted

PLIP #200: Kupu formlib widget
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/203
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7735

+3 - ready for merge

PLIP #201: Improve the UberSelectionWidget UI
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/203
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7736

Don't know, seems to me this might be deferred to 3.2
It does seem to look good already though.
At those who looked more closely at it:
what do you really recommend by now?

PLIP #202: Support inline validation and editing for formlib forms
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/203
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7737

+4 - but there is still some debate about what's the
best way to handle the portal status message. Once this
is sorted out (and implemented) it's ready for merge

PLIP #203: Manage portlet assignments with GenericSetup
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/203
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7738

+3 - but before merge the encoding issue should be fixed
     (Martin might look at this later today)

PLIP #204: Manage content rules using GenericSetup
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/204
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7739

+3 - but before merge the encoding issue should be fixed
     (Martin might look at this later today)

PLIP #205: Flexibility Associating Portlet Types and Portlet Managers
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/205
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7740

+3 - ready for merge

PLIP #207: Allow Custom Portlet Managers
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/207
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7741

+2 - ready for merge

PLIP #208: Adapter-Based Local Role Lookup
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/208
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7743

+2 provided alec adds the migration step as promised

PLIP #209: Add buildout to Unified Installer
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/209
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7744

+3 ready for merge

   but just so we don't forget: after merge we should again
   double-check that we don't give wrong advice to people
   about where to put add-on products in the file system
   in the Plone add-on products config panel
   (and maybe make it more obvious how to install eggs)

PLIP #210: Improve UI support for objects on multiple workflows
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/210
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7745

-4 - not submitted

PLIP #211: Enable dashboard to be locked down
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/211
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7746

-4 - not submitted

PLIP #212: Use jQuery Javascript Library
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/212
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7747

+3 - but it seems there are a few little glitches still
     that may need some attention
     check back with danny and martijn before merging

PLIP #213: Prepare for better Syndication
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/213
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7748

+3 - ready for merge

PLIP #215: Include new KSS versions
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/215
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7749

+3 - in principle OK but it seems there are some minor
     issues that need to be fixed still
     check back with Balasz before merging

PLIP #216: Template overrides
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/216
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7750

-4 - never submitted

(Raphael notes: not sure we are on trac here as all
this is about is to include the z3c.jbot package from
http://svn.zope.de/zope.org/z3c.jbot
OTOH people who want that can just do it)

PLIP #217: Use Adaptation for Workflow Assignment
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/217
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7751

+2 - ready for merge

PLIP #218: Increase Restrictions, and Ability to Change, Addable Portlet
Types by Interface
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/218
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7752

+3 - ready for merge

PLIP #219: New site search implementation
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/219
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7753

-4 - not submitted

PLIP #220: Improve browser layer support
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/220
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7754

+2 - ready for merge

PLIP #221: Use adaption for workflow history and status
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/221
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7755

-4 - not submitted

(Raphael notes: AFAICS this has been moved down the stack
 and is done in CMF now.)

PLIP #224: CSRF protection framework
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/224
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7783

+2 - but either before or after merge efforts should be
     made to make use of those two new packages in
     the most important security related forms in Plone.
     AFAICS Andi is working on this currently but he sure
     would appreciate some help I guess.

That's it for now. Happy merging ;-)

    Raphael