[Framework-Team] Re: tomorrow's PLIP review deadline

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Tue Feb 19 13:02:26 UTC 2008

On Feb 19, 2008, at 2:36 AM, Andreas Zeidler wrote:
> On Feb 18, 2008, at 12:50 AM, Andreas Zeidler wrote:
>> oops, i only realized raphael had already looked at 212 in the
>> middle of writing down that list.  so actually it should have read
>> "#187 and #215 need to be reviewed for a second time, and #202 and
>> #212 should probably also see another round of click-tests."
>
> afaik, neither tom nor danny have posted notes about their reviews
> of the above mentioned PLIPs.

the notes have been posted in the meantime, and all review tickets are
now either closed (i.e. review done, no open issues) or assigned to
the authors (cc'ed) for further commenting / bug-fixing.  the two
exceptions are

	212 — danny has volunteered to verify the bugs he found with a plain
3.0 site and create bug tickets etc
	224 — i volunteer to take care of following-up the PLIP work by
applying the protection to all security-sensitive forms

> on top of this, i haven't seen any votes from danny and raphael
> (except on the PLIPs they've reviewed themselves), so i cannot send
> any recommendations to wichert, either.

i've just cast my remaining votes.  afaik, danny and raphael still
have to do this, and i suppose martijn and tom might still need to
catch up with the latest review notes and reinstate their votes on
those PLIPs as well.  after all, it wasn't about just blindly going
with the others judgement, but at least following their notes and the
various discussion to come up with another opinion, albeit not
reviewing things.  at least, that's what i think makes sense.

> i'm effectively booked with fixed appointments for the rest of this
> week, so i won't be able to adjust my schedule again to accomodate
> these delays.  one of you has to take over the job of going through
> the PLIP tickets (to check which still need attention), counting
> votes and passing on the team's recommendations to the release
> manager.

even though i just spent another two or so hours reading up and
sorting out tickets, this is still valid.  i guess the first task is
pretty much done, or at least the status and assignments[1] of all
tickets should reflect the current status.  the counting and reporting
to wichert still has to be done, so someone needs to step up here!!

[1] see http://tinyurl.com/2bt8nz

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de