[Framework-Team] Re: tomorrow's PLIP review deadline

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Tue Feb 19 12:03:25 UTC 2008

On Feb 19, 2008, at 9:51 AM, Danny Bloemendaal wrote:
> I have been reviewing last night but only posted my review in the
> review notes inside the plip. I was under the assumption that that
> was sufficient, sorry for that but I did review them.

no, it's not.  as stated here several times before, all communication
has to go through either the trac tickets or the framework list,
ideally both and cc'ing the PLIP authors.

> And to be honest, I didn't know that I had to vote for plips I
> didn't review myself.

this has also been said _at least_ twice on the list, and pretty
clearly so.  both of the mails i quickly found were also cc'ed to you,
btw.

> Does that make any sense? I fully acqknowledge the reviewers ability
> to make a good judgement for the plips.

it certainly does.  as said before[1] every team member needs to read
all other review notes, ideally give them some thought :), and cast
their votes as to recommend the PLIPs inclusion for 3.1.  this policy
has been in place for 3.0 as well, and imho it should definitely
remain the same.

cheers,

andi

[1] http://lists.plone.org/pipermail/framework-team/2008-February/001909.html