[Framework-Team] My review status

Danny Bloemendaal danny.bloemendaal at informaat.nl
Mon Feb 18 08:18:59 UTC 2008

On 18 feb 2008, at 01:28, Andreas Zeidler wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2008, at 8:52 PM, Danny Bloemendaal wrote:
>> As you guys know I'm here to review plips when it requires UI
>> attention. So I did 201 (and still working on that next week). As
>> far as I can tell there aren't other plips that need that attention
>> from me (please correct me if I'm wrong).
>
> well, i'd like to say that it was never really sort of officially
> communicated to me that your role in the team is just to stand by
> and give feedback when requested to.  you've said initially that you
> couldn't say much about technical details, which is fair, but imho
> that doesn't really exclude you from doing other review tasks.  like
> raphael said in one of his posts, most of the time looking at code
> alone isn't all that matters.

Ok, I'm sorry if that wasn't communicated better or maybe it was my
misunderstanding. Point is that back in the days, Wichert asked me if
I wanted to join the team as a UI designer/tester to make sure that we
could keep the standard high regarding usability. I said that I would
like to do that but that people shouldn't expect from me that I would
participate heavily in 'true' framework discussions. That wasn't a
problem so I volunteered.
But.. you may be right that I still could be of more help than what I
did so far.

> so when you said you were gonna review things after that week you
> were unavailable, i.e. starting from february 11th, i was indeed
> expecting you to do as many reviews as everybody else.  these could
> or rather should have included click-tests as well as some thinking
> about corner-cases and "trying to break things" etc.  until wichert
> updated the schedule (yesterday, i.e. sunday) the review deadline
> was on saturday.  until then you've only commented on two plips
> afaik, but should have on at least seven (as posted several
> times)... :(

So, yes, I could certainly do click-tests. Maybe my reluctance so far
was because if me not being able to foresee in which plips I can be of
any help regarding this.

>> So, I guess that's my status.
>
> hmm, that kinda sounds like you didn't think the above also applied
> to you.  i wonder what went wrong here.  at the very best, we've had
> some pretty severe miscommunication here.  quite frankly, hardly
> replying to any mails and most importantly not making this point of
> view very clear when seeing several posts with obviously wrong
> numbers in terms of "review per team member" is not acceptable to me.

You are right here I'm affraid. I'll try to do better in the near
future :(

> that said and considering the current status of the reviews, i'm
> gonna ask you to please do secondary reviews on 202 (formlib inline
> validation / editing), 212 (jquery) and — most importantly — 215
> (kss update) tomorrow.  there's no need to look at any code, but the
> review should include manual click-tests for more or less all
> affected / replaced js functionality in plone.

Ok, I will do that today and again, sorry for the miscommunication.