[Framework-Team] Re: Plone 3.1 planning update

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Mon Feb 18 01:48:23 UTC 2008

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 07:05:36 -0800, Wichert Akkerman
<wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:

> Since the framework team needed more time to do a proper, thorough
> review of all the PLIP implementations we needed to adjust the time line
> for the Plone 3.1 release. This is the updated time line:

This looks good, except for one minor detail: there's 3 days between
releasing the RC and tagging the final. This means that the RC is released
on a Monday, and the final is tagged on a Friday, which seems a bit
drastic. At least leave a weekend between them, so people have the
opportunity to help test the RC?

Calendar representation here:
http://www.google.com/calendar/hosted/plone.org/embed?src=plone.org_bolka8qqqgvg6sop823vapl970%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/Rome

I'd like to suggest the following minor change:

> - 2008-03-17 : 3.1 release candidate with installers released

Keep everything up to and including this date.

> - 2008-03-21 : 3.1 final tagged

Move to:
- 2008-03-28 : 3.1 final tagged

> - 2008-03-24 : 3.1 final with installers released

Move to:
- 2008-03-31 : 3.1 final with installers released

This leaves a weekend to between releasing the 3.1 RC installers and
tagging the final release.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net