[Framework-Team] My review status

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Mon Feb 18 00:28:18 UTC 2008

On Feb 16, 2008, at 8:52 PM, Danny Bloemendaal wrote:
> As you guys know I'm here to review plips when it requires UI
> attention. So I did 201 (and still working on that next week). As
> far as I can tell there aren't other plips that need that attention
> from me (please correct me if I'm wrong).

well, i'd like to say that it was never really sort of officially
communicated to me that your role in the team is just to stand by and
give feedback when requested to.  you've said initially that you
couldn't say much about technical details, which is fair, but imho
that doesn't really exclude you from doing other review tasks.  like
raphael said in one of his posts, most of the time looking at code
alone isn't all that matters.

so when you said you were gonna review things after that week you were
unavailable, i.e. starting from february 11th, i was indeed expecting
you to do as many reviews as everybody else.  these could or rather
should have included click-tests as well as some thinking about corner-
cases and "trying to break things" etc.  until wichert updated the
schedule (yesterday, i.e. sunday) the review deadline was on
saturday.  until then you've only commented on two plips afaik, but
should have on at least seven (as posted several times)... :(

> So, I guess that's my status.

hmm, that kinda sounds like you didn't think the above also applied to
you.  i wonder what went wrong here.  at the very best, we've had some
pretty severe miscommunication here.  quite frankly, hardly replying
to any mails and most importantly not making this point of view very
clear when seeing several posts with obviously wrong numbers in terms
of "review per team member" is not acceptable to me.

that said and considering the current status of the reviews, i'm gonna
ask you to please do secondary reviews on 202 (formlib inline
validation / editing), 212 (jquery) and — most importantly — 215 (kss
update) tomorrow.  there's no need to look at any code, but the review
should include manual click-tests for more or less all affected /
replaced js functionality in plone.

cheers,

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de