[Framework-Team] Testing for PLIP 209: Unified Installer Plus Buildout

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Sun Feb 17 22:49:56 UTC 2008

Hi Tom,

I'm at a loss as to what's not working here. That message should only
show up if the helper_scripts or packages directories aren't present
or aren't searchable. I wonder if we've got an odd variety of sh or
some extra ACL permissions at work. What's your platform?

By the way, the same component execution code is in the existing
(non-buildout) installer. So there's a good chance that it also
wouldn't work for you.

Steve

On 2/17/08, Tom Lazar <lists at tomster.org> wrote:
> hi graham, thanks for the hint, however, i had tried that already
> myself and it didn't work, either.
>
> sudo sh ./install.sh --target=/opt/zope/instances/209 --user=tomster --
> instance=plip209 zeo
> ZEO Cluster Install selected
>

> This install script must be run within the installer's top directory.
> That directory should contain packages and helper_scripts
> subdirectories.
>
> so, for me the plip is not functional and i can't give it a +1 in this
> state. i'm sure it's just something trivial, but the point is that
> it's supposed to be *easy* for the end user lateron, and they will
> likely stumble over the same issues.
>
> tom
>
> On Feb 16, 2008, at 3:54 PM, Graham Perrin wrote:
>
> > On 16 Feb 2008, at 11:55, Tom Lazar wrote:
> >
> >> sudo sh install.sh --target=/opt/zope/instances/209 --user=tomster
> >> --instance=plip209 zeo
> >
> > Where you have
> >
> > sudo sh install.sh
> >
> > should that be,
> >
> > sudo sh ./install.sh
> >
> >> This install script must be run within the installer's top directory.
> >
> > I received that message once, when I tried specifying the path
> > from my working directory
> > to install.sh
> >
> > Regards
> > Graham