[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP #215: Include new KSS versions

Tom Lazar lists at tomster.org
Sat Feb 16 13:15:07 UTC 2008

hi everybody,

here's my review of the bundle:

review by tomster

manual click tests
==================

i applied the same manual click tests as for plip 212 (jquery), i.e.
performed with fresh checkout, new instance with Plone Default skin.
Using Firefox 2.0.0.12, Safari Version 3.0.4 (5523.15) and Windows
Internet Explorer 6.0 (7.0 not available at review time due to lack of
IE7 compatible Windows OS). Features and areas covered:

* livesearch, portal calendar pagination, external links, inline
editing, folder_contents reordering:

no problems encountered, everything worked as expected.

except, that the following error would be visible in firebug from time
to time:

opera_is_broken is not defined
KupuSelectionTestCase()test_kupuhelpers.... (line 264)
registerTestCase(KupuSelectionTestCase(), "kupu")unittestUtilities...
(line 9)
[Break on this error] opera_is_broken(this, 'testParentElementImg');

however, this has been fixed in the course of plip212 by fschulze and
is expected to disappear when both plips are merged.

* document_actions:

changing the workflow of an item triggered reloading of the page,
which didn't use to be the case with previous versions.

cut, copy and paste worked as expected.

automated tests
===============

running (presumably) all unit tests by issuing

    ./bin/instance test -s plone

resulted in (only) one failure, namely in src/plone.app.workflow/plone/
app/workflow/tests/onestateworkflow.txt", line 117, in
onestateworkflow.txt

running the JS testsuite by calling $portal_url/test_ecmascripts on
all three browsers produced no errors.

running all kss.core tests by creating a KSS DemoContent object named
'demo' as described in the bundle notes showed that all tests pass.

running the selenium tests with a `Zuite` object produced one failure
and one 'incomplete', however i was not able to locate the failing
test (even after a second run with the log window enabled, it just
displayed 'error: false'), the instance.log displayed this:

2008-02-16 14:03:38 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog http://localhost:8080/demo/errTest/errTest
Traceback (innermost last):
   Module <wrapper>, line 5, in wrapper
   Module kss.core.actionwrapper, line 238, in apply
   Module kss.core.plugins.core.demo.demoview, line 156, in errTest
Exception: We have an error here.

verdict
=======

despite the test failures i still vote for inclusion of this bundle as
it represents a major clean up that should make KSS users' life a lot
easier and thus perfectly fits the scope of the 3.1 release ("polishes
under the hood")