[Framework-Team] Testing for PLIP 209: Unified Installer Plus Buildout

Tom Lazar lists at tomster.org
Sat Feb 16 11:55:35 UTC 2008

i just realized, that steve might not get notifications from trac, so
i hereby post my previous comment:

after checking out :

and issueing the following command:

sudo sh install.sh --target=/opt/zope/instances/209 --user=tomster --
instance=plip209 zeo
i get the following output:

ZEO Cluster Install selected Detailed installation log being written
to /opt/zope/instances/plip209installer/install.log This install
script must be run within the installer's top directory. That
directory should contain packages and helper_scripts subdirectories.
however, i am issuing that command from within the toplevel directory.
the log file is empty except for these two lines:

Detailed installation log Starting at Fr 15 Feb 2008 16:17:24 CET
since nobody else (i.e. martijn and raphael) has reported this, i
either have found some bug (unlikely) or (more likely) other folks
will overlook the same thing I overlooked... ;-)

either way something (probably the README) would need to be clarified.