[Framework-Team] Re: [Plone-developers] scope of reviews was: Re: Updated PLIP review deadline

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Fri Feb 15 23:57:54 UTC 2008

On Feb 15, 2008, at 10:34 AM, Tom Lazar wrote:
> interesting point. maybe that's what's holding me back personally
> (only finished one review up until now, buildout of the second one
> running as i'm writing this). i was under the impression that a review
> consisted of 'serious QA',

so did i...

> ie. hunting down the individual revisions
> that make up the plip and looking at the diffs; doing manual
> clicktests on FF, Safari, Win IE 6/7, including migrations then
> discussing any bugs that come up with the author and see their fixes
> through until resolution (with possibly bouncing unacceptable fixes
> back to the author once or twice).

...and that's basically what i tried to do with my reviews.

> that stuff can amount to some serious time, i can tell you.

indeed, mine took me something between two and four or maybe even five
hours each.

> but OTOH
> i've read things like, "it usually only takes 20-30 minutes" for a
> review, what gives?

i suppose this also needs a better definition in terms of how deep a
review is supposed to go.

> maybe i'm just taking this *too* seriously and thereby (ironically)
> actually holding the whole process *back*.

i wouldn't necessarily think so — like i said, it was the same for me.

> anyway, i'd be interested to hear some feedback on this, in the
> meantime i'll be doing another review ;-)

hth,

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de