[Framework-Team] My conclusion regarding 201 (USW)

Danny Bloemendaal danny.bloemendaal at informaat.nl
Fri Feb 15 22:10:28 UTC 2008

Today Florian made some changes to überselectionwidget to use the same
pattern as Mac OS Finder's column view and it rocks and I really think
that this is the way how it should work. Add search, good mouse/
keyboard navigation, object details etc to it and you have a very
powerful and easy to use widget. However, it needs a bit more
designing, twaeking and getting it just right (tm) so I think that
that will not make it into 3.1 but surely 3.2. Florian thinks that it
can put some parts of this plip in 3.1 though so that it is even
better that was is now in 3.0 (backend, js and js-less search) so I
think that that part could land in 3.1.

Next week I will work with Florian on some more designs, mockups and
specs. So.. stay tuned :)

Oh, when this widget is going to work as planned.. we could use that
same pattern for navigating the portal as an alternative to the
navtree ;-). Now.. that would be interesting to explore as well
someday. It is so fast... Ah well.../me is dreaming away. (which
reminds me... Wichert have you added my kss stuff for expandable/
collapsible navtree folders?.. ok ok.. that's off topic.. let's not
discuss it here ;-)) but oh my do I love that in our intranet.. don't
want to miss that navtree feature anymore).

Danny.