[Framework-Team] Re: Re: PLIP 212 ready for review

Tom Lazar lists at tomster.org
Fri Feb 15 10:10:42 UTC 2008


On Feb 14, 2008, at 1:57 PM, Florian Schulze wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:20:40 +0100, Tom Lazar <lists at tomster.org>  
> wrote:
>
>> On 12.02.2008, at 23:41, Florian Schulze wrote:
>>
>>>> instead i got the following error in jquery.js (via firebug)
>>>>
>>>>    a is not a function
>>>>    [Break on this error] eval(function(p,a,c,k,e,r){e=function(c) 
>>>> {return(c<a?'':e(parseInt(c/a)))+((c=c%a...
>>>>
>>>> Note: this error remained, even after replacing the shipping  
>>>> jquery version 1.2.2 with the meanwhile current version 1.2.3
>>>
>>> This looks like a syntax error in that file. I will look into it.
>>
>> well, since it's the jquery.js file itself, i kind of doubt it  
>> (which also prompted me to try out the 1.2.3 version) but hey!  
>> you're the expert ;-)
>>
>>> This is either another syntax error, or some issue with the KSS  
>>> interaction.
>>
>> you tell me ;-)
>
> I can't reproduce any of these issues. I tried my exisiting buildout  
> and I made a fresh co of the buildout and ran buildout with the  
> option to get the newest version of everything.

well, given the fact that i indeed *can* reproduce these, chances are,  
others will, too.

watching the process of publishing or retracting a page shows clearly,  
that the entire page is reloaded. i can see for an instance that a  
ressource named content_status_modify is called but immediately after  
that the whole page is reloaded.

as for item actions, for instance using the copy command indeed does  
*not* reload the entire page and works as advertised (not sure why i  
didn't catch that the first time round, i could have sworn it reloaded  
the page, too), but upon execution i get the following two JS errors:

Unhandled error during command execution: ReferenceError:  
initializeMenus is not defined++resource++kukit... (line 144)
initializeMenus is not defined
(no name)(Object node=ul#contentActionMenus parms=Object)++resource+ 
+kukit... (line 7793)
executeClientAction("bindActionMenus")++resource++kukit... (line 866)
execute(Object node=ul#contentActionMenus parms=Object)++resource+ 
+kukit... (line 2568)
execute(Object node=ul#contentActionMenus parms=Object)++resource+ 
+kukit... (line 2389)
EventBinder_triggerEvent("load", Object node=ul#contentActionMenus  
parms=Object)++resource++kukit... (line 3897)
func_to_bind(undefined)++resource++kukit... (line 981)
execute()++resource++kukit... (line 516)
addPre(function(), "Setup of events for nodes subtrees [ul], [dt],  
[dd]")++resource++kukit... (line 497)
doSetupEvents(["\n", ul#contentActionMenus, dt, 1 more...])++resource+ 
+kukit... (line 1271)
finishSetupEventsCollection()++resource++kukit... (line 1241)
executeCommands(Object node=a#copy.actionicon-object_buttons-copy)+ 
+resource++kukit... (line 5833)
processResult(XMLHttpRequest channel=[xpconnect wrapped nsIChannel])+ 
+resource++kukit... (line 5306)
notifyServer_done(XMLHttpRequest channel=[xpconnect wrapped  
nsIChannel])++resource++kukit... (line 5217)
notifyServer_done()++resource++kukit... (line 5172)
[Break on this error] initializeMenus();

i'd still like to see this fixed before giving my thumbs up... (and  
i'd really love to see 3.1 to ship with jquery... if there's anything  
else i can do to help get this baby on the road, let me know!)

cheers,

tom


>
>
> The only thing I could reproduce was the searchterm highlight thing  
> which I will look into.
>
> Regards,
> Florian Schulze
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Framework-Team mailing list
> Framework-Team at lists.plone.org
> http://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/framework-team
>





More information about the Framework-Team mailing list