[Framework-Team] scope of reviews was: Re: [Plone-developers] Updated PLIP review deadline

Tom Lazar lists at tomster.org
Fri Feb 15 09:34:52 UTC 2008

On Feb 7, 2008, at 8:52 AM, Martin Aspeli wrote:

> For 3.0, we had one main reviewer for each bundle who'd report back
> for
> a quick vote on the list. People with concerns could then dig into the
> code in more detail or request more specifics.

interesting point. maybe that's what's holding me back personally
(only finished one review up until now, buildout of the second one
running as i'm writing this). i was under the impression that a review
consisted of 'serious QA', ie. hunting down the individual revisions
that make up the plip and looking at the diffs; doing manual
clicktests on FF, Safari, Win IE 6/7, including migrations then
discussing any bugs that come up with the author and see their fixes
through until resolution (with possibly bouncing unacceptable fixes
back to the author once or twice).

that stuff can amount to some serious time, i can tell you. but OTOH
i've read things like, "it usually only takes 20-30 minutes" for a
review, what gives?

maybe i'm just taking this *too* seriously and thereby (ironically)
actually holding the whole process *back*.

anyway, i'd be interested to hear some feedback on this, in the
meantime i'll be doing another review ;-)

cheers,

tom