[Framework-Team] Re: Re: Testing for PLIP 209: Unified Installer Plus Buildout

Tom Lazar lists at tomster.org
Thu Feb 14 17:45:36 UTC 2008

On Feb 14, 2008, at 5:41 PM, Florian Schulze wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:23:41 +0100, Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net
> > wrote:
>
>> Previously Florian Schulze wrote:

>>> AFAIK this doesn't work for some reason in buildouts. It has
>>> bitten me
>>> many times now, but I didn't get to look into it yet.
>>
>> I use 'bin/instance fg' a lot. In fact I use it 99% of the time when
>> doing development. So I'm quite sure it works fine in buildouts.
>
> It runs, yes, but it doesn't switch to debug mode.

are you sure? i use ./bin/instance fg with buildout all the time, as
well (mac os x) and when starting up, the first line i read is:

"/opt/zope/instances/plip212-jquery/parts/instance/bin/runzope" -X
"debug-mode=on"

and it behaves just as if debug mode was active, i template changes
are picked up w/o restart etc.

or do you mean something else?

confused in berlin,

tom