[Framework-Team] Re: Testing for PLIP 209: Unified Installer Plus Buildout

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Thu Feb 14 15:45:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Raphael Ritz <raphael.ritz at incf.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:38:56 +0100, Raphael Ritz
> > <raphael.ritz-9CsCpNDeVy4 at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> >
> >> (i) when describing start/stop/status we might want to add
> >> 'fg' (foreground) as a simple means to start in debug mode
> >> without changing the configuration
> >
> > AFAIK this doesn't work for some reason in buildouts. It has bitten me
> > many times now, but I didn't get to look into it yet.
> >

> It works for me on Linux at least
> (use it all the time including in buildouts).
> No idea about Windows though.

It works on Windows, but when you hit CTRL-C you get into a weird
state where you're asked if you want to exit the batch file or some
such, and then you have to hit 'y' once or twice. Pretty odd as if the
output or the input was in a separate thread.

Example:

"""
KeyboardInterrupt
Terminate batch job (Y/N)? y
'y' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\src\server\4.0>
Terminate batch job (Y/N)? y
'y' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\src\server\4.0>y
"""

The workaround is to run it like 'yes | bin\instance fg', then when
you hit CTRL-C it exits immediately.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems http://enfoldsystems.com