[Framework-Team] notes on optilude-plipathon

Raphael Ritz raphael.ritz at incf.org
Thu Feb 14 13:14:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

here my comments on Martin's PLIP bundle:

 testing on Ubuntu 7.10 with firefox

Doing the usual checks (browse the code; run the tests, play with it in
the browser, ...) most things seemed to be OK but:

PLIP 184: additional portlets: this is just fine as far as I can see

PLIP 200: kupu formlib widget: there has been an issue when FCK editor is
  installed (even if not selected by the user). The widget simply broke
  but I've fixed it and now everything should be OK

PLIP 203: GS for portlets: mostly OK but when including non-ascii characters
  in the text of a static portlet and then exporting that I get:

    2008-02-12 05:06:26 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
http://localhost:8080/martin/portal_setup/manage_exportSelectedSteps
    Traceback (innermost last):
      Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 590, in
manage_exportSelectedSteps
      Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1011, in _doRunExportSteps
      Module plone.app.portlets.exportimport.portlets, line 484, in
exportPortlets
      Module Products.GenericSetup.utils, line 528, in _exportBody
      Module plone.app.portlets.exportimport.portlets, line 175, in
_exportNode
      Module plone.app.portlets.exportimport.portlets, line 422, in
_extractPortlets
      Module plone.app.portlets.exportimport.portlets, line 407, in
extractMapping
      Module plone.app.portlets.exportimport.portlets, line 72, in
export_assignment
      Module plone.app.portlets.exportimport.portlets, line 125, in
export_field
    UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in
position 11-12: ordinal not in range(128)

I've enhanced 'test_configuration' to cover the issue so there is now one
error when running the plone.app.portlets tests.

PLIP 204: mostly OK (very good actually) but when defining a content rule
  that sends an email which contains non-ascii characters in the body I get
  on export of that rule:

    2008-02-12 04:56:28 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
http://localhost:8080/martin/portal_setup/manage_exportSelectedSteps
    Traceback (innermost last):
      Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 590, in
manage_exportSelectedSteps
      Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1011, in _doRunExportSteps
      Module plone.app.contentrules.exportimport.rules, line 424, in
exportRules
      Module Products.GenericSetup.utils, line 528, in _exportBody
      Module plone.app.contentrules.exportimport.rules, line 181, in
_exportNode
      Module plone.app.contentrules.exportimport.rules, line 371, in
_extractRules
      Module plone.app.contentrules.exportimport.rules, line 75, in
export_element
      Module plone.app.contentrules.exportimport.rules, line 131, in
export_field
    UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in
position 21-22: ordinal not in range(128)

I've enhanced 'test_configuration' to cover the issue so there is now one
error when running the plone.app.contentrules tests.

Seems like encoding needs some love still :-(

Facit as of now (2008-02-12):

184: +1

200: +1

203: -1 (but +1 once the encoding issue is fixed)

204: -1 (but +1 once the encoding issue is fixed)

Raphael