[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP 212 ready for review

Tom Lazar lists at tomster.org
Wed Feb 13 19:20:40 UTC 2008

hello florian, hello martijn,

i've completed my review and committed the notes in the svn bundle.

i repeated the manual tests with windows IE 6.0, but not with 7.0 as i
didn't have the time to install a new windows VM to install IE 7
without overwriting my existing 6.0 but since everything looked just
like in FF/Safari (i.e. the same stuff worked and the same stuff
didn't) i don't expect any big surprises there.

i also looked at some of the .js diffs and really liked what i
saw ;-), http://dev.plone.org/plone/changeset/18810 is a nice example
for that (livesearch.js)

i can't recommend this plip for inclusion in 3.1 in its current state,
however, alle the errors seem minor and easily fixable.

below i would also like to respond to florian's email in the same post
here:

On 12.02.2008, at 23:41, Florian Schulze wrote:

>> instead i got the following error in jquery.js (via firebug)
>>
>>     a is not a function
>>     [Break on this error] eval(function(p,a,c,k,e,r){e=function(c)
>> {return(c<a?'':e(parseInt(c/a)))+((c=c%a...
>>
>> Note: this error remained, even after replacing the shipping jquery
>> version 1.2.2 with the meanwhile current version 1.2.3
>
> This looks like a syntax error in that file. I will look into it.

well, since it's the jquery.js file itself, i kind of doubt it (which
also prompted me to try out the 1.2.3 version) but hey! you're the
expert ;-)

> This is either another syntax error, or some issue with the KSS
> interaction.

you tell me ;-)

>> = running unit tests =
>>
>> running all tests (./bin/instance/test -v -v -s plone) produced the
>> following result:
>>
>> Tests with failures:
>>    test_published_news_items
>> (plone.app.portlets.tests.test_events_portlet.TestRenderer)
>>    test_published_news_items
>> (plone.app.portlets.tests.test_news_portlet.TestRenderer)
>>    /opt/zope/buildout/eggs/plone.app.workflow-1.0.1.1-py2.4.egg/
>> plone/app/workflow/tests/onestateworkflow.txt
>> Total: 1079 tests, 3 failures, 0 errors
>
> I didn't look into this at all, because we didn't change anything
> besides JS code and some registrations in JS registry.

true, especially after i now looked into those diffs for myself, i
wouldn't label these failures 'showstoppers' for this plip.

> I will look into upgrading the buildout to the latest Plone version
> if it isn't already.

that would be cool

best regards,

tom