[Framework-Team] Testing for PLIP 209: Unified Installer Plus Buildout

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Mon Feb 11 23:23:26 UTC 2008

Thanks for the great review and suggestions, Martijn!

I'm pleased to report that the PID problem is taken care of. Nouri
fixed it for zope2instance in:

http://dev.plone.org/collective/changeset/55898

and for zope2zeoserver in:

http://dev.plone.org/collective/changeset/55899

The other CLIENT_HOME problems are messier than they should be, but
should be taken care of by the

command =
    find ${buildout:directory} -type d -name var -exec chown -R
${client1:effective-user} \{\} \;

section of buildout.cfg that's inserted for root-mode installs.

Ideally, though, we should work towards a setup where the server and
client processes never write into parts.

Thanks, Steve

Steve McMahon
Reid-McMahon, LLC
steve at reidmcmahon.com