[Framework-Team] Re: Updated PLIP review deadline

Florian Schulze florian.schulze at gmx.net
Thu Feb 7 12:55:41 UTC 2008

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 10:01:30 +0100, Martin Aspeli
<optilude at gmx.net> wrote:

> Once you post your reviews (here?) what happens? How does the team
> arrive at a final yes/no vote? How long does that take?
>
> For 3.0, each reviewer posted a thread here with the necessary comments,
> including good points, bad points and recommendations. Discussion then
> ensued if necessary, with each member casting a +1 or -1 (or abstain). I
> then counted the votes, though in almost all cases there was consensus.
>
> We then reported back to the author (usually by just CC'ing them on the
> framework team list threads) and they were told either that it was
> rejected, or to make the necessary changes (if any) and prepare for
> merge. Wichert took the final decision on whether to merge or not.

I think the process Andi started is good. The review notes go to svn and
the tickets in trac get updated with a link and the author is CCed on the
ticket. The relevant information is all in one place (svn) and the
notifications are done through trac. This way it's easy to follow the
review process even for outsiders, just by looking at the tickets they are
interested in and checking the notes in svn.

Regards,
Florian Schulze
ps: Lots of redundancy in the above sentences, but whatever :)