[Framework-Team] Re: Translation effort for Plone 3.1

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Mon Feb 4 21:45:23 UTC 2008

On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 10:09:59 -0800, Hanno Schlichting
<plone at hannosch.info> wrote:

> I did cost me only two hours to do so and this work is finished and
> available on PloneTranslation trunk. An overall of 205 messages are gone.
>
> We now have a total of 2070 messages in all pot files combined for Plone
> 3.x.

Awesome! So in addition to there being 10% less messages (10%!), most of
the ridiculously long and hard to translate messages are gone, in
particular the ones dealing with browser-specific troubleshooting for
cookies etc. Hopefully we'll have time to audit the messages in the
plone.* namespace, where there is a lot of redundancy right now. We should
be able to bring it even further down.

This is a great start for the 40-language translation push. :)

Thanks!

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net