pyflakes? (was: Re: [Framework-Team] Translation effort for Plone 3.1)

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Fri Feb 1 12:46:53 UTC 2008

On Feb 1, 2008, at 1:02 PM, Tom Lazar wrote:
> On 01.02.2008, at 12:07, Andreas Zeidler wrote:
>> yes, i'm very much aware of these problems having used pyflakes
>> myself for quite some time now.  that's one of the reasons i'm
>> bringing this up here (instead of starting to "weed" away on
>> trunk :)).
>
> given the aforementioned possibility of 3rd party breakage i think
> it's plain that 'pyflakes sanity' is a no-go for 3.1 but perhaps for
> 4.0?

well, there's no PLIP for 3.1 regarding this anyway... ;)  but as i
said, even for 4.0 it's likely to cause extra maintenance work.  i'll
look into `zope.deferredimport` though, as martin suggested...

> ah, well, one can dream... ;-)

:)

andi

> p.s. i made statusmessages 'pyflakes-sane' when you introduced
> pyflakes to me at the labelfinder and right after hanno visited us
> there and helped me fix a bug in it ;-)

ah, that was you!?  cool.  i thought it must have been hanno — just
looked so much like him... :)

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de