[Framework-Team] Re: PLIPs 208 and 217 Ready for Review

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Fri Feb 1 11:12:11 UTC 2008

On Feb 1, 2008, at 9:51 AM, Alexander Limi wrote:
> Just a general question here, while I remember it:
> When things like this happen, shouldn't packages be renamed to
> plone.localrole instead of borg.localrole?

hmm, i'm not sure.  it would surely lessen confusion, but otoh a lot
of packages (and buildouts for that matter) depend on that package, so
changing the name would cause quite a bit of migration headaches.  of
course it'd be possible to leave the old version around for a while,
but what about updates and fixes?  and maintaining another branch just
because of this seems a bit too much, imho.

cheers,

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de