[Framework-Team] Re: [plone4] Release process

David Glick davidglick at onenw.org
Fri Dec 26 22:19:24 UTC 2008

On Dec 25, 2008, at 8:48 PM, Tres Seaver wrote:
>> If someone wants to champion bringing transmogrifier and GSXML up
>> to a
>> point where they are a fully-featured export and import story for all
>> aspects of typical Plone content types, that'd be awesome.
>
> I have on tap a non-XML serialization which I have used successfully
> for
> a couple of client projects, migrating AT-based content including all
> the Plone-specific security weirdness.  I plan to add this code to an
> upcoming release of my 'plone_gs' product, but would be willing to
> contribute it into the Plone core instead, along with the other code
> from that product:
>
>  http://svn.agendaless.com/Products.plone_gs/
>
> There are still some Plone-specific tools and PAS plugins which don't
> have full GS support, even with that product.  Finishing out that
> support would be part of this effort, as well.

I am definitely interested in seeing more work on filling out the
holes in GS support in core Plone.

If we include a tool for dump-and-reload content migration in Plone
itself, I think it needs to be pluggable enough to be useful with non-
Archetypes content as well as AT-based content.

David Glick
Web Developer
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the
environment

http://www.onenw.org
davidglick at onenw.org
work: (206) 286-1235 x32
mobile: (206) 679-3833

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup