[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP's for 3.x releases in Trac???

David Glick davidglick at onenw.org
Fri Dec 26 22:07:35 UTC 2008

On Dec 26, 2008, at 5:21 AM, Martin Aspeli wrote:
>> I'm not sure where you got the impression.
>> Moving the PLIP's to Trac has been discussed many month back and I
>> effectively put this into practice two month back when adding the
>> first
>> PLIP for Plone 4 to Trac. This has nothing to do with the framework
>> team
>> selection process.
>
> I think it's the release manager prerogative to suggest changes to
> the process to fit the way he wants to manage the release. However,
> I think we're due a consolidation and documentation of these (still-
> proposed, I hope) changes so that everyone is on board. It's good to
> discuss the changes as we're doing now, and to propose new ways of
> working. However, I think we risk confusing more casual readers of
> our mailing lists if we don't arrive at one document that people can
> comment upon.

Or to put it another way, major changes to the Plone development
process should be PLIPped (or is that PLIPIP'd?), discussed, and voted
on just like improvements to the software itself.

David Glick
Web Developer
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the
environment

http://www.onenw.org
davidglick at onenw.org
work: (206) 286-1235 x32
mobile: (206) 679-3833

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup