[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP's for 3.x releases in Trac???

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Fri Dec 26 10:21:05 UTC 2008

Hanno Schlichting wrote:

>> I was wondering the same thing. It very much looks like the framework
>> team selection process somehow always invented a new PLIP process behind
>> closed doors.

That's certainly not the case. We did discuss that it's important for
FWT members to seek wider community input, but that's hardly radical or
new. We did not discuss the process directly.

> I'm not sure where you got the impression.
>
> Moving the PLIP's to Trac has been discussed many month back and I
> effectively put this into practice two month back when adding the first
> PLIP for Plone 4 to Trac. This has nothing to do with the framework team
> selection process.

I think it's the release manager prerogative to suggest changes to the
process to fit the way he wants to manage the release. However, I think
we're due a consolidation and documentation of these (still-proposed, I
hope) changes so that everyone is on board. It's good to discuss the
changes as we're doing now, and to propose new ways of working. However,
I think we risk confusing more casual readers of our mailing lists if we
don't arrive at one document that people can comment upon.