[Framework-Team] Preparing for Plone 4, without complicating the work of the people who are focused on 3
G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Fri Dec 26 09:56:46 UTC 2008
On 26 Dec 2008, at 09:18, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> It very much looks like the framework team selection process somehow
> always invented a new PLIP process behind closed doors.
There was AFAIR a few months ago a public announcement that the
processes would be subject to change.
In the same way that:
* I trust members of Team for Plone 3 to work effectively, and to
consult (with or without processes that are explicit), and to produce
from PLIPs what is required by current and future Release Managers <http://plone.org/about/team/ReleaseManagers
* I trusted those same Team members for 3 -- plus (then) potential
members of the Team for 4 -- to find the processes that best suit the
two groups within the one Team <http://plone.org/about/team/FrameworkTeam
AFAICT, from a respectable distance, the changes/processes that
prepare for Plone 4:
1. may _complement_ the _processes_ for Plone 3
-- so for example we have some vision of 3 in the Roadmap in Trac (and
from any perspective, that looks good)
2. in _no way complicate_ the work of the _people_ (within the Team)
who are focused on 3
3. in _no way complicate_ the work of the _person_ (logically not
within the Team) who is managing the releases for Plone 3.x.
Complement, not complicate.
More information about the Framework-Team