[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP's for 3.x releases in Trac???

Hanno Schlichting hannosch at hannosch.eu
Thu Dec 25 17:39:02 UTC 2008

Hi Israel,

Israel Saeta Pérez wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Hanno Schlichting
> <hannosch at hannosch.eu> wrote:
>
>     I've just seen dukebody to create bugs for all PLIP's for the 3.3
>     milestone in Trac.
>
>     Was this communicated with anyone or discussed anywhere? I haven't seen
>     a single mention for a plan for this.
>
> I've only created them for the documentation component, since everybody
> in the documentation team has agreed with documenting changes introduced
> by PLIP's each release.

Aha, I wasn't aware of that.

> We have not started to work on them and don't have a plan for it yet,
> but I filed those bugs just for tracking purposes. However, I hope the
> doc team to start working on a plan for that together with the Framework
> Team early next year.

Right. The timing was somewhat odd, as we just decided to move all
PLIP's to Trac for Plone 4 and no longer use plone.org/products/plone
for it.

The framework team works on defining the new PLIP process from our side
in the next two weeks, after which we wanted to consult the
documentation and UI team to synchronize the processes.

Hanno