[Framework-Team] Re: A roadmap in a Trac

Hanno Schlichting hannosch at hannosch.eu
Thu Dec 25 14:37:51 UTC 2008

Graham Perrin wrote:
> On 24 Dec 2008, at 23:28, Alexander Limi wrote:
>
>> for 4.0 and later, we're moving them all to Trac. That way, we can
>> assign them to releases, track them separately, and use the update
>> features as a progress log. With the new plone.org setup, the
>> /development area will be Trac, and we'd like to have one roadmap
>> page, not two.
>>
>> Trac is built for development and lightweight release management, so
>> let's use it for what it's good at. :)

I just brushed up the Trac roadmap a bit
(http://dev.plone.org/plone/roadmap) and included the PLIP's for Plone
4.0 into the overview (based on a TracQuery).

I think after the forthcoming visual integration / refresh for all of
Trac, it is now almost ready to serve as a replacement for the current
plone.org/roadmap.

What is missing is a link to the download page for each release and a
link to a user readable change overview. For now I'd leave those in
plone.org / PSC, but we might reconsider this at a later point.

Hanno