[Framework-Team] Re: PLIPs for milestone 4 and beyond in Trac: occasional conversion from type 'Feature Request'?

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Wed Dec 24 23:28:54 UTC 2008

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 04:55:34 -0800, Matthew Wilkes
<matthew at matthewwilkes.co.uk> wrote:

> PLIPs have their own numbering and are currently stored exclusively on
> plone.org.

Actually, for 4.0 and later, we're moving them all to Trac. That way, we
can assign them to releases, track them separately, and use the update
features as a progress log. With the new plone.org setup, the /development
area will be Trac, and we'd like to have one roadmap page, not two.

Trac is built for development and lightweight release management, so let's
use it for what it's good at. :)

> but I'd not be adverse to moving to trac if we had a smooth migration
> plan.

Migration plan is: Everything in 3.x stays the way it has been (at least
for now), for 4.0 — and possibly later releases in the 3.x series — we put
PLIPs in Trac.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net