[Framework-Team] PLIP equality, priorities, workflow

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Tue Dec 23 13:20:25 UTC 2008

On 23 Dec 2008, at 13:01, Matthew Wilkes wrote:

> all PLIPs should be created equal.

+1

> If we're going to use Trac for PLIPs

+1

> some policy on priorities

A primary guide to prioritising is: the milestone.

> some policy on priorities

Already at <https://dev.plone.org/plone/report/24> I see:

* blocker
* critical
* minor

I expect the report to include other shades (of colour of priority) in
due course.

I view these named/colour priorities as:

* secondary, to be considered under the primary umbrella of 'milestone'.

> the same or similar workflow to what we currently have

For a moment (bite me!) defocus from the Plone 3 and Plone 4 Framework
Team(s) "we", consider the _communities_' familiarity with workflow in
Trac.

My twopenneth:

* allow the features that already present in Trac for Plone to be your
friends

* if you have tertiary or greater aspects to workflow -- beyond (1)
the milestone and (2) the explicit priorities -- then *maybe* the
notional workflow is too complex.

(OT: at the moment I'm extremely passionate about keeping things
simple. A side-effect of discovering triage in Chandler Hub.)

Argue please with my twopenneth and I'll bounce back with some
concrete (and simple) suggestions.

Best,
Graham