[Framework-Team] Re: [Plone-developers] Plone 4 Framework Team Selection List

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Fri Dec 19 02:39:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 00:17:01 -0800, Wichert Akkerman
<wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:

> I strongly suggest that this decision is reconsidered and someone with
> proven UI design experience is added to the framework team.

That's not the role of the Framework Team.

If every aspect of Plone that isn't code (documentation, UI, translations,
etc) should have a mandated seat on the framework team, there wouldn't be
many programmers left. The role of the Framework Team is to recommend to
the release manager what parts should be included in the upcoming release,
*including* UI, documentation and other concerns, with a special eye on
implementation, scalability and future maintainability.

The UI team, documentation team and others can (and should!) raise any
issues along the way, as well as help address these. The framework team
has an advisory role to the release manager — the UI/docs team should
ideally execute in addition to identifying any issues.

The fact that the vote for the new team by the old members was unanimous
indicates to me that we have a recognized, skilled, and appropriate team
for the upcoming 4.0 release.

Debating this is wasting time at this point. You're entitled to your
opinion, but the established process has been followed, and an
overwhelming majority seems to be very happy with the new team.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net