[Framework-Team] PLIP evaluation and structure, and Framework Team transparency

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Thu Dec 18 14:59:15 UTC 2008

On 18 Dec 2008, at 11:13, Tom Lazar wrote:

> in the end it comes down to how much we all care about plone (about
> which there can be no doubt regarding the new team) and the
> collective wisdom of the entire(!) community (which is completely
> independent from the fwt composition).

+1

> but perhaps we could make the 'UI impact component' a formal part of
> the evaluation of a PLIP, i.e. add it as a formal part of the
> structure of a PLIP (in addition to the current ones such as
> Deliverables, Participants etc.)

Recently, it was proper for voting or whatever to be held in private.

Now, IMHO it's sufficient for Team members discuss/decide, publicly,
how best to make the PLIP routine work *for them* -- and for the
community.

[√] The discussion is occurring.

[√] People who are not members of the Team are permitted to address
the list.

[√] The level of publicity is currently sufficient; addressing plone-developers at lists.sourceforge.n
et causes the discussion to appear at <http://plone.org/support/forums>.

[x] The level of publicity is not always what it should be; <http://plone.org/support/lists