[Framework-Team] Re: [Plone-developers] Plone 4 Framework Team Selection List

Helge Tesdal tesdal at jarn.com
Thu Dec 18 13:40:47 UTC 2008

On 18. des.. 2008, at 09:17, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> I am however very disappointed by the fact that this framework team
> only
> consists of highly skilled developers and does not have anyone with
> user
> interface design experience.

UI team:
The team dealing with User Interfaces, Accessibility, XHTML, CSS and
ECMA/Javascript.

Framework team:
Responsible for feature evaluation and general guidance on
architectural decisions. The Framework Team reviews and suggests
features for inclusion in releases.

Although we all agree that UI is important, the framework team
description only mentions feature evaluation and guidance on
architectural decisions, and I don't associate framework with UI -
especially when we have two teams. Should the description be changed
in any way?

If we need UI people to approve PLIPs we have to change the process to
involve the UI team in some way.

One solution is to always having a number of people chosen by the UI
team on the framework team, another one is to have the UI team also
review PLIPs and give recommendations to the release manager alongside
the framework team.

  Helge Tesdal · Senior Developer, Jarn · www.jarn.com

    Plone Solutions, Development, Hosting and Support