[Plone-developers] [Framework-Team] Re: Plone 4 Framework Team Selection List

Tom Lazar lists at tomster.org
Thu Dec 18 10:39:39 UTC 2008

On 18.12.2008, at 11:21, Martin Aspeli wrote:

> In particular, one of the things we'd discussed and would like to see
> more of, is a consultative approach where the framework team reviewer
> asks for review from people outside the team. Anyone who is motivated
> to contribute opinions will be heartily encouraged to do so, and it
> will be within the framework team's remit to actively solict those
> opinions.

i really want to stress this point (if only by repeating it here...)

this is a fundamental change in how the framework team will operate
from now on. we're no longer just a group of individuals who quietly
need to make some sense of PLIPs and their implementation on their own
but more of a clearing house.

i can't imagine that any PLIP will be approved or denied without the
evaluating fwt members having consulted with at least one of the
'usual UI suspects' beforehand. and as wichert himself already
mentioned: all of those are currently very busy anyway, so i think
it's best for everybody, if they are relieved from the 'leg work' and
can focus on UI issues without having to follow all of the fwt
discussions and proceedings.

cheers,

tom