[Framework-Team] UI designer membership of and/or appropriate input to Framework Team

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Thu Dec 18 09:34:25 UTC 2008

On 18 Dec 2008, at 08:17, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> developer minds are simply not wired correctly for it.

Sometimes (with all due respect): that does seem so.

To the credit of Team members past and present, I can think of very
few occasions when I have had serious concerns.

Sometimes (not necessarily in Plone): I see incorrect wiring of UI
design by UI designers. I see this from the perspective of a user ;)

In both areas -- development of code, and design of UI -- I openly
lack the skills to judge whether *membership* of the Team is the most
appropriate solution.

> I have heard the argument that the framework team will consult with
> UI designers where needed

+1

And vice versa.

> User interface design needs to be part of the process, not an
> optional component.

+1

> I strongly suggest that this decision is reconsidered and someone
> with proven UI design experience is added to the framework team.

I have no argument with that suggestion.

I suggest, again, that first and foremost:

* this list should be advertised/presented more openly, to non-members
of the Team.

Respectfully
Graham