[Framework-Team] Supported Plone Releases

Jon Stahl jon at onenw.org
Wed Dec 10 20:47:26 UTC 2008

+1, I believe the board would vastly prefer not to set the precedent of
making technical decisions about Plone.  The Foundation "protects and
promotes"; the community develops. :-)

The Framework Team is the closest thing we have to a "technical"
governing body, so I do think it makes sense to seek consensus on a
big-picture technical question and then bring that forward to the wider
developers list.

If it is helpful, I believe there is probably an informal consensus on
the board that we would very much like to see security fixes and
releases happen on Plone 2.5.x at least until Plone 4.0 is out.  This
would seem to be in keeping with our historical "last two major
releases" notion.

Wichert's questions about whether folks are willing to commit to writing
fixes for security issues in Plone 2.5.x (should they be discovered) is
IMHO the key one that would allow us to say that 2.5 continues to be
"supported."

:jon