[Framework-Team] Re: Re: Framework Team Page Needs Updating

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Thu Aug 21 20:27:34 UTC 2008

On Aug 21, 2008, at 2:31 AM, Alexander Limi wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:12:53 -0700, Andreas Zeidler <az at zitc.de>
> wrote:
>> hmm, i guess i must have somehow missed the discussion that lead to
>> that consensus (this is not meant to sound cynical or anything, btw).
>> there was some talk right after 3.1, and of course there were plans
>> write things down in order to improve the process for the future.  i
>> might very well have missed parts of any more recent discussion, but
>> as a member of the (currently still active) 3.1 team, i'm wondering
>> why i don't really seem to know about this consensus.  or was it just
>> an "effective" one, i.e. one that sort of came up because the
>> discussion was never really finished?
>
> That's what "consensus" means, at least in casual English.

hmm, i guess the meaning that had been stuck in my head is slightly
different, but well... :)

> To be more precise, there wasn't a "we will do it this way, period"
> decision, but most people seemed to think it was a good idea, and I
> didn't see anyone express strong opinions otherwise.

i did express some concerns, albeit not strong and not on the list (or
otherwise "online") either.  anyway, i think we should at least ask
the current members if they're up for it, no?  i for one would happily
help reviewing PLIPs again, but i won't be spokesperson again nor do
any of the other housekeeping, like poking people, writing summaries
and status updates etc.  that work caused quite a bit of stress and
irritation, simply since it took a significant amount of extra time.
i still think we should have an extra team member for this, i.e.
organizing the team and the reviews and making sure things happen in
time, at least more or less...

cheers,

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de