[Framework-Team] How to make bugfixes and get them into the release?

Christian Scholz cs at comlounge.net
Thu Apr 17 16:44:50 UTC 2008

Hi!

I am just fixing two bugs in the RSS portlet (plone.app.portlets) and I
am wondering about how all this works with getting it into the release etc.

So here are the questions:

- to branch a 3.1 branch or not? These fixes are just small fixes and
also relevant for 3.0.x (should it happen). How is this handled in
general? (for new features I will of course create a branch with the
plip-name)

- how to make a new version? I guess this simply means updating the
version information in the egg metadata? How is deployment handled? Who
is e.g. uploading it to pypi?

So I thought I better ask before I screw things up :-)

cheers,

Christian

--
Christian Scholz                         video blog: http://comlounge.tv
COM.lounge                                   blog: http://mrtopf.de/blog
Tel: +49 241 400 730 0                           E-Mail cs at comlounge.net
Fax: +49 241 979 00 850                               IRC: MrTopf, Tao_T

connect with me: http://mrtopf.de/connect