[Framework-Team] review bundle for PLIP 195 ready

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Wed Nov 28 16:19:18 UTC 2007

On Nov 28, 2007, at 4:57 PM, Raphael Ritz wrote:
> Installing ProductOne indeed triggers installation of ProductTwo
> but after that ProductTwo disappears from the plone add-on products
> panel completely.

i haven't looked at the plone control panel yet, but...

> In ZMI it is listed as an installed product but without the option to
> tick it for un- or reinstall.

...that's the same here.  just fyi.

> While I can see a point in preventing users from uninstalling a
> product
> that has been installed as a dependency by some other product

imho it should be selectable in order to reinstall/upgrade, at least.
if the current behaviour's intentional, which would surely make sense,
i think it should probably better yield an error if you're trying to
remove it.

> I find it at least surprising that this product isn't even listed
> in the UI anymore.

that sounds like a glitch indeed.

> Whether it would make sense to allow re-installation via ZMI can
> be debated I guess.

imho that needs to be allowed.

> A further consequence of this is what happens when you uninstall
> ProductOne. Now, ProductTwo stays installed (because it's locked)
> but remains invisible in the plone panel and unselectable in ZMI.
> This can now really lead to the impression the ProductTwo is gone
> while actually still being installed :-(

this would be highly confusing and should be fixed one or the other way.

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de