[Framework-Team] Re: proposed plone 3.1 timeframe

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 23 08:35:15 UTC 2007

Alexander Limi wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 01:59:23 -0800, Martijn Pieters <mj at zopatista.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I see both sides of the  coin here, Wichert is correct in insisting on
>> shorter release cycles, Martin is correct that December is not the
>> month to do this. I won't have much time to review bundles over New
>> Year for example, not with a move coming up at the end of January as
>> well.
>>
>> Can we add just 2 weeks or so to Wichert's schedule?
>
> +1 for adding a couple of weeks since Christmas throws things off by
> that much. I agree with the other sentiments here that it's not about
> the time since 3.0, it's about the time from announcement of the
> deadlines until the actual deadline. 1.5 months is way too short,
> particularly with Christmas in there.
>
> I agree with Wichert's goals, but I still think there should be some
> more wiggle room the first time around. :)

[1.5 days off-line and a lot to catch up with ;-) ]

FWIW: while I agree with Wichert in principle I also do
think his proposed schedule is somewhat tight given Christmas.

So I would be fine with adding 1 or even 2 weeks to his proposed
schedule (not more!) but I could also live with his original
proposal. Though I agree with Martin that we might loose those
contributions that get only serious consideration once a deadline
is in sight but OTOH I consider that a non-issue if we aim for
shorter release cycles in general. Maybe we could even indicate
an explicit time line for 3.2 right away as well?

Raphael