[Framework-Team] Re: proposed plone 3.1 timeframe

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Thu Nov 22 12:36:00 UTC 2007

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 01:59:23 -0800, Martijn Pieters
<mj at zopatista.com> wrote:

> I see both sides of the  coin here, Wichert is correct in insisting on
> shorter release cycles, Martin is correct that December is not the
> month to do this. I won't have much time to review bundles over New
> Year for example, not with a move coming up at the end of January as
> well.
>
> Can we add just 2 weeks or so to Wichert's schedule?

+1 for adding a couple of weeks since Christmas throws things off by that
much. I agree with the other sentiments here that it's not about the time
since 3.0, it's about the time from announcement of the deadlines until
the actual deadline. 1.5 months is way too short, particularly with
Christmas in there.

I agree with Wichert's goals, but I still think there should be some more
wiggle room the first time around. :)

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net