[Framework-Team] Re: The big 3.0 ;)

George Lee georgeleejr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 14:18:08 UTC 2007

Wichert Akkerman <wichert at ...> writes:

> Previously Florian Schulze wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I also think we should avoid the context switch to the ZMI. We were
> > advocating this all the time. I think we should have a site configuration
> > like we have now and another one for advanced stuff.
>
> Having two control panels feels bad to me. A 'advanced management'
> permission which controls access to the advanced options feels nicer.

This sounds like a good idea.  Right now I hide some configuration in the ZMI
because I know that only the people with the "View management screens"
permission can see it, and I take this permission away from a Partial Site
Manager role I create for administrators.  That way things like modifying
templates, TALES expressions, etc. that I don't know if they'll open security
issues, I can tuck away.  Having the "advanced management" permission serves
this function nicely.

Peace,
George